Following my popular No-bake Oreo cheesecake recipe I created another crazy delicious and super simple dessert recipe for you: No bake Peanut butter Pie with Oreo crust! I love everything about this No bake pie; it is a very easy recipe with an amazing creamy texture, deep Peanut butter and Oreo flavours, and can be made in literally no-time. You will need only 5 basic ingredients you probably already have at home and no special equipment is needed, you don’t even have to turn the oven on!
Crunchy and decorative Oreo crust filled with smooth and creamy peanut butter mousse is the ultimate crowd pleaser any time of the year! This No bake Peanut butter Pie with Oreo crust is super light and tastes amazing with just the right amount of sweetness!
My Top 3 Baking Tips for home bakers
- Read the recipe carefully including my tips and recommendations on how to avoid and fix typical issues during baking. Not much issue expected while making this No bake Peanut butter Pie with Oreo crust recipe but you will have to pay attention while making the Oreo crust and also while creaming the cheesecake filling
- Avoid using substitutes and changing the recipe unless you are aware of how to fully reformulate the recipe in order to keep the balance in texture as well as flavour. In general, reducing sugar, using poor quality cream cheese etc. will all have an impact on your No bake Peanut butter Pie
- For consistent, happy baking experience always measure your ingredients with the help of a Digital scale. Cup measurement is provided as an indicative figure only and might be used for less complex and large batch recipes however it is not an appropriate method if you want consistent results
Some important notes regarding the INGREDIENTS of this No bake Peanut butter Pie with Oreo crust
For the Oreo crust
- Butter: Use always unsalted as you want to be in control of the quantity of the salt. I am using 82% fat content butter in all my recipes. While in most of the recipes butter needs to be on room temperature and I always recommend to avoid last minute microwaving this is an exception. The butter needs to melted in the microwave
- Biscuit base: As the name indicates, this is a No bake Peanut butter Pie with Oreo crust so so you will need some Oreos, obviously! Easy peasy! To be on the safe side, like always, I am giving the recipe in grams as opposed to no of pieces as perhaps it varies per country
- Sugar: I honestly don’t think that you need extra sugar for the crust given Oreo already contains enough sugar plus it will be crunchy anyway so no sugar!
- Salt: An essential ingredient in most of the dessert recipes. Balances flavour and enhances other ingredients. This is a lovely sweet crust and I just love that extra very mild salty kick at the end
For the Peanut butter mousse filling
- Heavy cream: Also known as whipping cream, has a fat content between 36% and 40% , the one I use has 36% fat. Use it very cold and do not substitute with vegetable based “whipping cream”. Heavy cream will make the filling of this No bake Peanut butter Pie with Oreo crust extra smooth and creamy, effectively a mousse like consistency.
- Icing sugar: A small amount of icing sugar (powder sugar) is used to make this the Peanut butter filling. If you want to learn about the different types of sugar and how to use them in baking, please read my article in here.
- Cream cheese: I always use full fat Philadelphia tub when I state cream cheese in my recipes. I find it easy to cream and very pleasant in taste. I usually beat it with a hand mixer for less than a minute, just until it becomes fluffy and increases a bit in volume. Please avoid over whipping
- Peanut butter: Peanut butter is the Queen of this No bake Peanut butter Pie with Oreo crust recipe so make sure you use a good quality one which is made of 100% peanut. Since this will be a mousse like consistency filling, the peanut butter you use should be smooth, so no crunch
For the Peanut butter mousse filling
- Heavy cream: As per above, make sure you use high fat content (36%) cream and chill it properly before whipping up
- Cream cheese: As per above, I am using full fat Philadephia tub
- Oreos: As per above, make sure you properly crust it as the decoration will be piped
4 Tips regarding the TECHNIQUE of making this No bake Peanut butter Pie with Oreo crust recipe
This is an absolutely hassle-free recipe, yet I have some important tips for you below so your No bake Peanut butter Pie with Oreo crust will turn out exactly like mine!
1. How to make No bake Oreo Pie crust
Making the Oreo crust for this No-bake Peanut butter Pie is literally mixing butter and Oreo crumb however based on your questions from earlier there are a couple of useful tips I would like to share:
- Use a food processor to make the Oreo biscuit crumb but make sure you do not overprocess it as that would make it too oily. Alternatively you the good old fashioned zip bag and rolling pin method. Use oreos with cream in it, no need to remove the filling
- Melt butter in the microwave on low heat – it can easily explode on high heat, we´ve all been there! No need to boil it, just gently melt it
- Mix butter and biscuit crumb while butter is runny (melted). Butter will act like a binding agent in the Pie crust recipe. Once it is cooled in the fridge, it will set creating crunchy, but firm crust to hold the filling. You might have bad experience from the past with crust being too crumby and not holding its shape, it’s probably due to not enough butter in the recipe or it was not set properly yet
- When butter is melted the mixture might be runny depending on the temperature of the butter but do not add more Oreo crumb. Pop it into the fridge for 5 minutes, it will set very quickly into a consistency you can use
- The one and only secret of making firm, neat cheesecake crust is to press crumbs firmly and evenly into side and the bottom of your pie tin. Start with the side and work your way up then when it looks neat and even, continue with the bottom. Find some equipment in your kitchen like bend a spoon and use it to really press the crust. I spent probably a good 10-15 minutes just focusing on the crust making sure that it is even on the side and really neat. Place your Oreo crust in the freezer for 30 min and let it set while you prepare the filling
Tip: Invest into pie / tart tin with loose base, mine is 8inch / 20 cm like this one
2. How to prepare creamy and fluffy Peanut butter filling
Preparing the filling for this No bake Peanut butter Pie with Oreo crust recipe could not be simpler, one thing that can go wrong is over mixing which results in runny consistency. Do not attempt to cut corners and reduce the number of steps, there is a reason why we whip the ingredients separately then fold them together in a particular order.
- Whip cream cheese with icing sugar until fluffy, for about a minute. Make sure that icing sugar is sifted as it tends to form lumps. Cream cheese is an interesting ingredient, it won´t get more fluffy you beat longer, in fact, it will break and become runny. I suggest to use an Electric hand mixer to avoid over beating and really stop beating when it is ready
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks. Make sure that use you min 36% fat content heavy cream and it must be very cold or it might be difficult to whip up. While whipping heavy cream, remember that it will go through the following stages: runny, soft peak, stiff peak then it will break and few minutes later buttermilk separates and you can make butter . For this recipe make sure you stop before stiff peak so it will be easy to fold the mixture together and keep the cream fluffy without breaking it
- Fold together the whipped cream cheese mixture with peanut butter literally just until combined
- Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese peanut butter mixture. Make sure you invest into an inexpensive Rubber spatula, you won´t be able to fold this mousse like mixture with normal spoon or wooden spoon without breaking the fluffiness
3. How to make Oreo frosting to decorate this No bake Peanut butter Pie
The decoration is made of using the world´s easiest frosting 3 ingredients Oreo frosting.
The rules remain the same as explained above at the filling section. While whipping cream and cream cheese make sure you are gentle and do not overbeat the ingredients, stop beating as soon as mixture becomes fluffy. Then, make sure you crush the Oreos to sand like consistency so no pieces remain in there as you will want to pipe this decoration. Finally, fold the mixture together and ready to be piped.
4. How to assemble this Peanut butter pie with Oreo crust
Patient is key when making mousse type cakes, like this No-bake Peanut butter Pie. You just can’t rush certain steps or it will make a mess. It is a super simple recipe, but you have to respect time, concretely leaving enough time in between making crust and filling and decoration
- The No bake Oreo crust needs to chill (eg. 30 minutes in the freezer) before pouring the Peanut butter filling in
- Pipe or pour Peanut butter filling into the crust then smooth the top with an offset spatula
- Let the Pie chill in the fridge for 4 hours until it properly sets
- Once Peanut butter filling sets, whip up the decoration. Move it into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle top and start decorating the Pie then finish with some more Oreos
No bake Peanut Butter Pie with Oreo crust
- 100 g Unsalted butter
- 250 g Oreo crumb
- Pinch of salt
- 230 g Heavy Cream very cold
- 230 g Cream cheese full fat Philadelphia tub
- 170 g Peanut butter
- 55 g Icing sugar
- 100 g Cream cheese ex. Philadelphia
- 40 g Heavy Cream
- 55 g Oreos crumb
US customary cup measurement is an indicative figure only. Measure the ingredients with a digital scale by weight (gram). Baking is art but also science which requires precision and accuracy.
- Start with melting butter in microwave then let it cool down slightly while preparing the Oreo crumbs
- Oreo crumbs can be made in food processor or by using a zip bag and rolling pin. Mix crumbs with with the warm but not hot butter and pinch of salt until it comes together
- Line a pie tin with the mixture and press it flat evenly. If the mixture is too runny, place it into the fridge for a few minutes. Once the crust evenly distributed and pressed tightly into the pie tin, place it into the freezer while preparing the filling
- Whip cream cheese and icing sugar with an Electric hand mixer for few minutes until light and fluffy, do not over beat
- Whip heavy cream separately until soft peaks, do not overbeat
- Fold peanut butter into whipped cream cheese using a Rubber spatula
- Again, very gently, using a Rubber spatula fold cream into the previous mixture. It must stay light and fluffy before pouring into the crust
- Pour peanut butter filling into the Oreo crust and smooth the top with an Offset spatula. Place it into the fridge and let it set for minimum 4 hours
- Once Pie filling sets by whipping up cream and cream cheese until increases in volume and reaches a pipeable consistency. Do not overbeat. Fold in Oreo crumbs carefully and pipe decoration on top. I am using a French star nozzle tip in here
- Store Pie in fridge