Baked Blueberry Donuts with Bluberry glaze (VIDEO)
These are the Ultimate Baked Blueberry donuts with blueberry glaze! Crazy moist and delicious blueberry glazed donuts that are also filled with blueberries are loaded with natural blueberry flavors, you will love them!
For the blueberry glaze
- 135 g Powdered sugar
- 100 g Blueberry puree without seeds
- ½ tablespoon Lemon juice freshly squeezed
For the decoration
- Blueberry, Mint, Edible flower
Make the Baked Bluberry Donut
Heat oven to 175 C / 347 F
Prepare your Silikomart Donut mould
Cream butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes until it becomes pale, then add eggs, one at a time. Do not over beat. Fold in vanilla
Sift in flour & salt & baking powder and fold just until well combined with the help of a Rubber spatula
Fold in blueberries
Pipe the donut batter into the Silikomart Donut mould
Bake for 25 min or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. If using very juicy or frozen bluberries, the baking time might increase
Let the donuts chill in the fridge before glazing
Sift powdered sugar
Hand blend blueberry into puree and get rid of the seeds with the help of a sieve
Cook blueberry puree and lemon juice in a saucepan for a few minutes just until slughtly thickens.
To make the glaze you will need about 3 tablespoons of puree. Mix puree with powdered sugar by adding puree one tablespoon at a time. You might need slightly more or less wet ingredient (puree) to the powdered sugar depending on the powdered sugar and humidity in your kitchen
Glaze should be not too thick nor too thin
Glazing the donuts
Before glazing the donuts make sure donuts are nice and chilled (5C / 41F) and the glaze has the right consistency
Hold the donut with your fingers and dip it into the glaze. Move the donut a bit for a few seconds then carefully remove it from the glaze. While still holding the donut with your fingers (facinng down), carefully remove any excess glaze from it with the help of your fingers on your other hand
Let the glaze fully set at room temp or in case your kitchen is too warm, place it into the fridge
Once the glaze sets, decorate the donuts according to your liking with fresh fruits, dried fruits, edible flowers, etc.
The donuts can be stored in air-tighed container either at room temperature or in the fridge
- Measure your ingredients with a Digital scale for accuracy
- All ingredients for the donut must be at room temperature to properly emulsify: eggs, butter, etc.
- For the glaze, shift the powdered sugar
- Make sure you read my Expert tips section above to maximize your success. A short recipe alone is not able to cover all the necessary details, and science behind baking.
- If not using a silicone baking mold, make sure to grease the tin before baking to avoid donuts stuck into the pan
- Never glaze warm donuts, make sure they are chilled
- For glazing donuts neatly, the temperature and the glaze consistency are key. If the glaze is too thin, mix in more powdered sugar. If the glaze is too thick, mix in more blueberry puree
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 376IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg